Fast website hosting is an important part of optimizing your website for both your user’s experience and for search engine rankings.
Google, along with every other major search engine, acknowledges that page load time factors into the ranking algorithm. This means that if two sites contained the exact same content and optimization, the faster site would outrank the slower website.
But a quick website doesn’t just impact your search engine rankings. It has an incredible effect on the user experience. This infographic demonstrates the importance of having fast web hosting (hint: look at using a managed hosting service like GuavaBox Hosting & Support or WP Engine):
Summary: Why Fast Website Hosting & Mobile Optimization Matters:
- One quarter of website visitors abandon any page that take more than 4 seconds to load.
- 60% of visitors won’t return to a website that takes 10 seconds or longer to load, and over half will abandon the site before it loads on their first visit.
- Over 25% of US mobile viewers exclusively use their mobile devices for viewing.
- 79% of mobile web consumers shop with their phones.
- 40% of mobile shoppers leave an eCommerce site if it doesn’t load within 3 seconds.
WordPress Optimization Guide
Test your website’s speed with GTMetrix and read recommendations for WordPress users seeking optimization help. Or, skip all the hassle and host with GuavaBox’s Managed WordPress Web Hosting.