Tons of marketers face the challenge of convincing their boss to let them use new tactics for boosting B2B lead generation. Whether it’s new trade shows, social media marketing, or starting a blog, it can be really tough to show the projected value of a new marketing opportunity or channel.
It’s easy for people in leadership positions to stick to what has been proven to be effective — and who can blame them? It makes sense in business.
The only way you can convince your boss that blogging will boost your B2B lead generation is to show them statistics that almost certainly guarantee better results than they are already seeing.
So where can you find such a set of stats? Look no further.
1. Companies that blog 15 or more times per month see 5x more traffic than companies that don’t blog.
2. 62% of marketers published a blog in 2013
3. 43% of marketers generated a customer via their blog this year.
4. Companies with over 200 blog articles have >5x the leads than those with 10 or fewer.
5. B2B & B2C with 101 to 200 pages generate 2.5x more leads than those with less than 50.
6. 82% of marketers who blog on a daily basis acquired a customer from it.
7. 81% of businesses have reported their blog as useful or critical to B2B lead generation.
8. 57% of all B2B buying decisions are made before a person ever contacts a company’s sales force.
9. Nearly 40% of U.S. companies use blogs for marketing purposes.
2. 82% of marketers who blog see positive ROI for their inbound marketing.
Are you ready to make the pitch to your boss?
Blogging is an incredible tool to drive B2B lead generation for your business. Use these stats to inform your boss and make a case for change in your marketing strategy.